You might be facing issues with WiFi connectivity with your current WiFi router, chances could be you love to do your work sitting in the balcony or in your terrace garden, where WiFi reception is not so proper and pretty annoying to work with such irregular connectivity.
You probably have purchased the Netgear WiFi extender setup to boost the existing WiFi network connectivity and extend the WiFi range. There are two ways to set up your newly bought Netgear WiFi extender, with the help of Ethernet connectivity and by connecting the extender on WiFi network. The whole process will not take so long; all you need to do is just follow detailed instructions mentioned below.
Connect your Netgear new Extender by using an Ethernet connection
- Start off by connecting your new WiFi range extender to your computer via Ethernet cable.
- Open up the web browser on your computer.
- Go to the link www.mywifiext.net and login to your Netgear Account with your Netgear account’s credentials.
- Note that default username and password are username and password for Netgear Router Account.
- Once you logged in to your Netgear account, go the Wireless Settings under the Setup
- Scroll down to Security Options check the value in the Password (Network Key), it should be the same for your router password.
- Click on Apply and it will automatically reconnect all your WiFi to the new mynetgear WiFi extender.
This is how you can set up your Netgear WiFi extender via an Ethernet connection.
Connect your Netgear new Extender by WiFi connection
- Reset your new WiFi extender before you use it by pressing the rest option for 7 seconds located on the side of the device. It will reset the Netgear WiFi extender setup. However, the new WiFi extender does not have any settings saved but its always good to reset the Extender before setting it up.
- Turn On your Computer or smartphone WiFi settings and scan for the new extender network, by default its network name will be shown as NETGEAR_EXT.
- Go to the link mywifiext.net from the connected device and login to your Netgear Router Account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in order to reconnect your WiFi extender on your internet network.
- Enter your network WiFi and Password to reconnect extender on the already established network.
- Reconnect your WiFi-enabled devices n the new Netgear WiFi Extender.
Keep your existing WiFi Network username and password handy with your in the whole process, this will help you with recognizing the newly set up Netgear extender and the reconnection process will take no time.
Meanwhile in the setup process, if you face any kind of issue, you can connect to the Netgear support right away from their customer care number written on the box or just call your local technician to assist you with any technical fault encountered during the installation process.