Netgear Genie is the one solution to control your in-house WiFi network from just one application that can be operated from your smartphone or computer device. All your internet related functions such as, accessing your favorite video or music file from your computer or mobile device is just a couple of clicks away, having issue to connect your wireless printer on your Apple devices is no longer an issue with Netgear Genie AirPrint suitable technology that allows you to give print on your printer from anywhere in the house. In addition, connect all your smartphone/tablet devices on your WiFi network without login, just scan the EZ mobile connect QR code powered by Netgear and you are all set.
Restore and manage your home WiFi network such as real-time parental control, metering traffic, providing access to the guest, mapping network, etc. is easier than ever with one controlling application that is Netgear Genie. Install the application in your smartphone and computer by following the steps below. If you are wondering what modems are supported by the Netgear Genie application, there is a whole list of the Netgear modem models listed below.
Supported Netgear Modem
- Centria (WNDR4700, WND4720)
The above-mentioned list is for WiFi routers, you can check the list below for DSL dedicated modems.
Install Netgear Genie in Windows/Mac
The steps are artless, downloading steps are the same for Windows and Mac devices, but installation steps will differ that are usually the same for Windows and Mac operating system individually.
- First off, go to the link mywifiext.net and choose your operating system.
- Click on the Download option as per your device operating system.
- Double click on the downloaded file to begin the installation.
- Accept License terms.
- For Mac devices login to your Administrator controls to proceed with the installation process.
- When the application installed, click on it to open it and enter your Netgear genie login.
- Once you are logged in, you will get the administrator controls you are all set to optimize your WiFi connection.
Install Netgear Genie in Android/iOS
- Open the Apple store/Google Play Store for your iOS and Android devices respectively.
- Search for the application Netgear Genie.
- Install the application and enter your Netgear genie login credentials if you already have the account, otherwise, you are provided there to make a new account.
- Once you are in the application, you can add your WiFi network admin credentials there in order to get the admin access.
You are all set to play your music and even print your document right from your mobile device or laptop from any place in the home and control all the WiFi activities even if you are on the rooftop (with proper WiFi network coverage). However, if you face any issue with the installation part, feel free to contact Netgear support for the best assistance.