Unlike all the other web address mywifiext.net is not a web link for any website. Netgear came up with the great idea to operate your WiFi extender with an offline-accessible web address that is mywifiext.net. This is a locally operated web URL to set up your WiFi extender.
The setup process is a piece of cake that anyone can set it up. This web page is dedicatedly designed to configure your Netgear WiFi extender, even if you have the old WiFi extender, this link will certainly work for you.
Login details of mywifiext.net
Login details will remain the same as your existing router login credentials. That comprises the username and password by default they are username and password. If you have changed your main router credentials, you need to enter the changed (current) login details to mywifiext.net web page. Make sure to take a note of your login details in case if you forget the details you can retrieve the same.
How to login to mywifiext.net
Configuration of the WiFi extender is an easy process once you log in to you Mywifiext.net.
Follow the steps below in the same sequence for a successful login.
- First off, plug-in your Netgear WiFi extender into the electric socket and power it on(do not forget to perform this step as you will not be able to follow steps below).
- Open the web browser in your computer and type the link www.mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- You might experience the page taking forever to load, simply switch to another web browser in such cases.
- To set up the configuration initially you can also opt for an Ethernet cable for internet surety.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure the setup of the WiFi extender.
- Once the process is finished you can connect your devices on the extender network.
Unable to log in to mywifiext.net
- Make sure your computer is connected to the internet.
- Enter the IP address manually if the browser is not opening the URL b default.
- To get the IP address, press the Windows+key together on your keyboard.
- Type “ipconfig” press enter.
- Take note of your IP address from the popped up window.
- It should open the login page, if the issue persists, open the link in another web browser (make sure there are no updates pending for browser).
When you type the Mywifiext URL in your web address, you may get no searches and your browser display the message like “This page can’t be displayed” depending on your browser. In such a case double-check the web address, if the address is correct, enter your IP address (get your IP from the above step) try updating your web address and retry to load the Mywifiext setup web page. Once you logged in to your WiFi extender portal you can configure it, you are all set to use the WiFi extender on all your compatible devices.