Set up your Netgear WiFi extender ion your existing WiFi network with the help of Ethernet Cable or WiFi form the router manually. Many times users change their password and forget their MyNetgear account (existing network admin console) log in credentials or if there is a hidden SSID(internet network login page), in such cases if you want to set up a WiFi extender to boost up your existing WiFi connection you need to configure the setup manually.
Steps for Netgear WiFi extender setup
Follow the steps in the sequence to set up the extender in no time.
- Plug in the WiFi extender into the power socket and switch it On.
- Connect a wireless device(laptop, smartphone) to your new extender
- Scan for the enabled WiFi networks, you will see the newly enabled WiFi network name as Click on that network to connect.
- A new window will pop up on your device screen asking for login to your WiFi extender.
- If it does not open a webpage to log in, go to the link mywifiext.net
- Create a new account for your extender to operate and manage it and click on
- Open the preinstalled Netgear Genie application in any of your devices
- If you do not have installed the Netgear Genie application, you can get it from the Apple Store/Google Play store for the iOS and Android devices respectively.
- To install the application in Mac or Windows devices go to the link mywifiext.net, and then go to the Downloads section.
- On the Netgear Genie application select the option “WiFi Range Extender”, it will start scanning for the existing WiFi network n its range.
- Enable the option Manually Input my wireless SSID for 2.4GHz WiFi Networks and also for 5GHz WiFi Networks
- Click on
- In the next window enter your routers SSID in the required field. Keep the security level the same as your router.
- Click on the Next option, in a couple of seconds the extender will connect to the existing WiFi network.
- Set the username and password for the installed WiFi extender in the next window. If you want the same login credentials for the extender as your main WiFi network then keep the login details untouched, it will take the login details by default.
- However, you can set the different username and password for the newly installed WiFi extender.
- Click on the Next option and connect your wireless devices to the WiFi extender by entering its login details (if you have changed).
- Click on
The setup may seem quite long but when you perform it, it will be very easy for you as the configuration is pretty simple due to the easy understandable Netgear WiFi extender setup page in Netgear Genie application and you can also customize your WiFi extender as your preferences from the same application.