192.168.1.250 is for the private network web address, for setting up any private network this address is used, Netgear WiFi extender is limited to your home area this is why it should be configured on a private network. 192.168.1.250 address is used to connect local (in-house) devices such as routers, modems, security cameras, DVRs, etc.
To access existing private network in your house just type “192.168.1.250” in your browser web address bar, this is also known as accessing your local network Admin page. Sometimes users have found the error message “this site can’t be reached” when they try to connect to the local network admin page i.e. 192.168.1.250, as it’s a private network that can only be accessed by the in-house , so if you are trying to reach to this address outside from your home, it will show the error message. In other words, it’s a private network that cannot be accessed publicly, not even your neighbors can reach to your local private address. However, you can give access to a guest device from Netgear Genie application.
Steps to access to 192.168.1.250
- If you are using Google Chrome you can access the local private network by simply tying the 192.168.1.250 in the web browser address bar,
- If you are using the Internet Explorer or Windows Edge browser you need to type “https://” as the prefix, that will look like “https://192.168.1.250”.
- Once you get on your local private network you can enter your network username and password in the required fields.
- If you have not changed your default username and password than your Netgear credentials for your local network will be “username” and “password” for username and password respectively.
- If you have changed the Netgear login credentials you need to enter the changed login details in your private network Netgear WiFi extender login field.
Steps to set up your Netgear WiFi extender over the private network
Follow the steps below to set up the Netgear extender
- Start off with a plug in your Netgear WiFi extender to the power socket and turn it on.
- Enter the local private network kink address i.e. “192.168.1.250” in the address bar and press enter.
- Log in to the network from the above mention steps.
- Click on Wireless Network and click on Continue once you get the private network configuration panel.
- You will be asked to connect to the network again, reconnect to the network.
- Click on the Finish option when you are connected to the network.
Configuration of your WiFi extender is completed on your local private network; you can modify your internet consumption uses, changing the login credentials, allowing access to guest devices and much more from the Netgear Genie application. However, if you face any issue in connection to your local network try to change the web browser or contact to Netgear support for the best assistance regarding the same.
Read Printer Fix Guide on our friend website!